Due to the growing demand for projects for 2017 and the road maintenance contracts awarded to Meco the previous year, the Aggregates Division expanded the number of production centers to support all the projects to come.
With the installation of these new facilities in Costa Rica, we aim to have Production Centers in strategic locations in the country and guarantee the sources and equipment that meet the quality requirements requested by our clients. In addition, such locations will facilitate the distribution of aggregates, reducing production costs and improving plant performance.
For the installation of these production centers, new equipment was purchased: the conveyor belts were manufactured in Costa Rica, and other equipment was imported from countries where equipment was available or near completion of projects.
Some of the equipment used for these installations are:
- Primary C105 grinder, imported from Meco Nicaragua
- MVP380 cone crusher, imported from Meco Panama
- Intermediate crusher, imported from Meco Panama
- Impactor crusher (Canica 2000). Brand new equipment
- 8 conveyor belts made in C.R
In Tárcoles, the first plant was installed with a combination of imported equipment, conveyor belts and new equipment (impactor), which was purchased to improve the shape and quality of the aggregates. This plant has a capacity of 100 m/h and is expected to supply the needs of the asphalt plant of La Uruca, Concrete Unite and external customers.
- NW 30 X42 primary equipment, brand new
- MVP380 cone crusher, brand new equipment
- 6 conveyor belts, brand new
- Intermediate crusher, transferred from the Cañas plant
Impactor (Barmac), second-hand equipment purchased in Panamá